If I gave you a chance to change your life in two minutes, would you take it?
I’m sure you said, “Yes” in your head, but let’s see what you’re really made of.
Let’s walk our talk. I’ll do it with you.
Don’t read ahead, just trust me for two minutes.
Let’s Do This
- Get a piece of paper and something to write with. Don’t read ahead! 🙂 Just go do it. I’ll wait here.
- At the top, write these words: “Things I Am Afraid To Do”
- Skip a line.
- List everything you are currently afraid to do. Everything you can think of. Stuff you’re putting off. Don’t worry. No one can see your list. This is just for you. Get really serious about it.
Afraid to launch your blog/business/product? Put it on the list.
Afraid to tell someone how you feel about them? Write that down.
Afraid to make a change? That’s ok. Just add it to the list.
It’s your list. Make it a good one. Make it really honest. This won’t work if you hold back.
- Done? OK. Good. Now, read though your list. Out loud.
- Go back to the top of the page where you wrote “Things I Am Afraid To Do”
- Cross out the words “I Am Afraid”
- This is your list of things to do.
I Am Afraid To Do
Fear is normal. The urge to talk yourself out of things is normal. I’ve done it a lot. You have to fight that urge if you want to grow.
If you want to change your life for the better, this is your list of things to do. Pick one thing on the list and do it today. Seriously, do it. Tomorrow, pick another thing.
Add to the list as you confront new fears. Your goal isn’t to become fearless, it’s to become courageous. To do the hard things that others won’t. That’s how you accomplish great things.
If you like this exercise, you can share it on Twitter. Click To Tweet
If you’re feeling courageous already, leave a comment below with one thing from your list. Then, when you’ve done that thing, come back and let me know. I’ll start.